The Knights Templars stayed in Monzón for more than a hundred years and turned its castle into one of the most important fortresses in Aragon’s Medieval Kingdom. This tour reveals the history of this millenary castle but above all the traces that this misterious Military Order left in it. You will enjoy a Templar Menú based on traditional recipies and visit a family winery where you’ll taste several wines. The Reinassance Heritage in the village of Fonz will be our last stop before returning to Barcelona.
We’ll travel by private Vehicle from Barcelona during two hours and a half aproximately. Our first stop will be the Templar Castle of Monzón which is more than a thousand years old. We’ll enjoy a guided visit to know its templar past. Later, we’ll go to a small charming family winery that belongs to Denominación de Origen Somontano. Denominación de Origen qualification certifies the top quality wines in Spain. The winerie’s owner will show us the facilities and describe to us the process of making wine. The visit includes a wine tasting. This part of the tour is completed with the visit to a templar chapel next to the winery.
We’ll go back to Monzón to taste a Templar Menu based on the local traditional food and inspired in the Middle Age. The tour ends visiting the Reinaissance Heritage of Fonz village.
- Round trip: Barcelona-Monzón-Barcelona
- Tickets to the castle of Monzón
- Guided visit to a winery and wine tasting
- Guided visit to Fonz village's Reinaissance Heritage complex
- Templar Lunch
- Guide/translator and driver
- We refund the cost of the tour if the customers cancels it 8 days before the tour date or more. We refund half of the cost if it's cancelled between 4 an 7 days before the tour date. No refund if the cancellation is 3 days before the tour date or less.
- Booking must be done at least 7 days before the tour date
- The tour might be cancel due to bad weather conditions. In that case, we'll warn the customer and suggest an alternative date.
- Small group tour (8 people maximum)
- The tour will be from 8:00 to 19:45 (Length: 11 hours and 45 minutes aproximately)
- The customer must report any information about food (vegetarian, allergies...)
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Tell us if you want to start this tour from a different city/village and we'll tell you if it's possible.