The best way of knowing well a new city is enjoying the gastronomy with the local people. That’s why we designed this tour for you to enjoy the delicious spanish gastronomic jewels called “tapas”. The name tapas (literally taps, covers) comes from the original use of this kind of food: covering the drinks bellow to preserve them.
Between a restaurant and the next one our guide will tell you the secret stories, anecdotes and historical facts surrounding El Born Quarter, created in the XIIth century when ancient roman walls couldn’t hold anymore the increasing population of Barcelona.
El Born was chosen by wealthy seafaring traders to build their palaces and manor houses, mainly along Montcada Street. They had become rich trading with other mediterranean countries first and trading with America later. These families contributed to the construction of the spectacular Santa María del Mar church, also known as “The Cathedral of the Poor”.
- Tapas” guided tour (5 or 6 “tapas” and 3 drinks)
- Guided visit through the medieval quarter of El Born
- We’ll refund the whole cost of the tour if the client cancels it at least 8 days before the tour’s date.
- We’ll refund half of the cost if it’s cancelled between 4 and 7 days before the tour date.
- There won’t be any refund if the cancellation is made three days before the tour date or less.
- Booking must be done 3 days before the tour date or more.
- Small Group tour (8 people maximum)
- Timetable Option 1: 12h to 14h (12:00 pm to 2:00 pm)
- Timetable Option 2: 18h to 20h (6:00 pm to 8:00 pm)
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- The customer must inform us of any specification about food (vegetarian, allergies...)